Spondylolisthesis occurs when there is a slippage of a vertebral disc. This usually occurs at the base of the spine. Here, the vertebrae slip forward towards the bine present below it. It is a very common condition with more than 10 million cases in India per year. It is treatable but the time for treatment is long. And if it is chronic than it might even last for a lifetime.
Today getting treatment for this condition is easy. But you can be misguided due to lack of information. There are many sources for Spondylolisthesis treatment in Gurgaon. But, before getting the treatment you should know more about what kind of spondylolisthesis you are dealing with.
There are about six main types of spondylolisthesis are further subdivided depending on its cause and severity.
Types of Spondylolisthesis
- Type I – In this case, the spondylolisthesis is a genetic condition. A child may develop this condition naturally during his or her developmental years.
- Types II – This is the most common type of spondylolisthesis. Here, there is a problem with the section of the vertebra called the pars interarticularis. Type II has further subtypes:
- Type IIA: Microfractures caused by overuse and hyperextension.
- Type IIB: Microfractures that do not fracture completely. They heal with an extra bone in place. And this extra bone causes stretching and misalignment.
- Type IIC: A complete fracture caused by trauma like a sports injury or a car accident.The fractures from Type II become spondylolisthesis only if they cause the vertebra to slip forward.
- Type III – This is related to aging and the natural wear and tear on a person’s body.
- Type IV – This is a fracture that occurs anywhere in a vertebra except the pars interarticularis region.
- Type V – This involves tumors on the vertebrae that put pressure on the bones and cause weakness.
- Type VI – This is an uncommon spondylolisthesisthat is caused by the weakening of the back due to surgery.
In all the above-mentioned types getting treatment is vital. Spondylolisthesis treatment should be decided on the type of spondylolisthesis and the degree of severity. But the treatment is a tricky part and you need an experienced doctor for it. Dr.ArunBhanot is an expert in treating Spondylolisthesis and is well equipped to carry out surgery for it. He has carried out many successful surgeries and has a great track record. With so many satisfied and happy patients it is easy to say that he providesthe best Spondylolisthesis treatment in Gurgaon.